Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

912 Extra pistons

Converted from Wildcat! database. (read only)
Aurele Lavigne

912 Extra pistons

Post by Aurele Lavigne » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:21 pm

Does anyone on the list have a telephone number for the supplier of the above pistons. I purchased a set last year and could only find a waybill for customs. The name on the slip was Experimental Performance in Manassas, Va and information had no listing. Can't seem to find it on the web either.

Thanks, Aurele

Bill Delcambre

912 Extra pistons

Post by Bill Delcambre » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:21 pm

I always bought my Rotax parts from Southern Mississippi Light Aircraft, @Phone 1-601-947-4953
Ronnie is the owner/fellow I've dealt with.

He always was helpful.

Bill Delcambre

----- Original Message -----
To: murphy-rebel@dcsol.com (murphy-rebel@dcsol.com)
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2002 4:10 PM
Subject: 912 Extra pistons

Does anyone on the list have a telephone number for the supplier of the above pistons. I purchased a set last year and could only find a waybill for customs. The name on the slip was Experimental Performance in Manassas, Va and information had no listing. Can't seem to find it on the web either.

Thanks, Aurele

Wayne G. O'Shea

912 Extra pistons

Post by Wayne G. O'Shea » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:21 pm

Aurele, email for 912Xtra is jeastman@masterkraft.com (jeastman@masterkraft.com) phone 703-680-2468. Guys name is Jerry. Their website is www.masterkraft.com

Wayne

P.S. Anybody send you a violation fine yet for that Provincial Park landing on Fushimi Lake, to visit me at the park??
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2002 5:10 PM

Thanks, Aurele

Aurele Lavigne

912 Extra pistons

Post by Aurele Lavigne » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:21 pm

Wayne, thanks for the info. I had finally found the guy's number off his web site as I mentioned to you over the phone. Sorry for the delay, I've been neglecting my e-mail the past week or two. And, no I have not recieved a violation for the landing in the park. I was releived the park warden knew me and that certainly helped my cause. Maybe I won't be so lucky next time!!!

If you do happen to come up again, we defenitly have to get together and go fishing, even if it is in a boat on Fushimi and my wife said she'd like to go out for supper some night with you and your wife. I guess i don't take her out enough.

By the way, after talking to a Rebel builder form Montreal, Lucien Miller, I'm going to fabricate an air box. He is unning a 912S and said the air box really made a difference, he believes that drawing that outside air makes the difference over sucking that warm air form inside the cowl.

I've also fond a source for SS tubing to finish my muffler installation. This place is right in your backyard, called Elcoma Metal Fabricators in Midland and they have 11/2" tubing they can bend up to a 21/4" centerline and up to 90 and even 120 degrees.They apparently get a fair number of requests of tis type despite the fact that thier in the buiness of making grab bars and such for bathrooms.

Anyways, I thoug you might like to know for future reference if you need to make an exhaust for someone. He also knows a guy who made his own flaring tool and will see if he wants to onload for a fair price.

Talk to you soon.

Aurele

P.S. Can't beleive the difference in engine temps sinc I cut that cowl the way you suggested.
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 4:52 PM
Subject: Re: 912 Extra pistons

Aurele, email for 912Xtra is jeastman@masterkraft.com (jeastman@masterkraft.com) phone 703-680-2468. Guys name is Jerry. Their website is www.masterkraft.com

Wayne

P.S. Anybody send you a violation fine yet for that Provincial Park landing on Fushimi Lake, to visit me at the park??

Thanks, Aurele

Wayne G. O'Shea

912 Extra pistons

Post by Wayne G. O'Shea » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:21 pm

If you are going to draw air from outside the cowling, make sure you put a carb heat shroud and control on the box so you can draw hot air from the exhaust pipes to melt your carb ice!!

Figures that a place I drive past 3 or 4 times a week would be a source for exhaust tubing!!!

I think next time we are up we might just stay at Nagagamisis, as it was a beautiful park and we ended up spending 4 days there and then high tailing it home in one shot from there to get back in time. Lake is a bit weird for rocks, but if you are careful the engine doesn't get damaged (tooo much!!). Also can land a float plane there by the looks of it (guy was coming and going in a Stinson the whole time we were there) on the opposite shoreline north of the park. There are sandy beaches over there as well that you could beach and I could pick you up in the boat.

Cheers,
Wayne
Sent: Saturday, August 24, 2002 3:16 PM

Wayne, thanks for the info. I had finally found the guy's number off his web site as I mentioned to you over the phone. Sorry for the delay, I've been neglecting my e-mail the past week or two. And, no I have not recieved a violation for the landing in the park. I was releived the park warden knew me and that certainly helped my cause. Maybe I won't be so lucky next time!!!

If you do happen to come up again, we defenitly have to get together and go fishing, even if it is in a boat on Fushimi and my wife said she'd like to go out for supper some night with you and your wife. I guess i don't take her out enough.

By the way, after talking to a Rebel builder form Montreal, Lucien Miller, I'm going to fabricate an air box. He is unning a 912S and said the air box really made a difference, he believes that drawing that outside air makes the difference over sucking that warm air form inside the cowl.

I've also fond a source for SS tubing to finish my muffler installation. This place is right in your backyard, called Elcoma Metal Fabricators in Midland and they have 11/2" tubing they can bend up to a 21/4" centerline and up to 90 and even 120 degrees.They apparently get a fair number of requests of tis type despite the fact that thier in the buiness of making grab bars and such for bathrooms.

Anyways, I thoug you might like to know for future reference if you need to make an exhaust for someone. He also knows a guy who made his own flaring tool and will see if he wants to onload for a fair price.

Talk to you soon.

Aurele

P.S. Can't beleive the difference in engine temps sinc I cut that cowl the way you suggested.
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 4:52 PM

Wayne

Thanks, Aurele