Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

Pump for Murphy 1800 pump-outs

Converted from Wildcat! database. (read only)
Walter Klatt

Post by Walter Klatt » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:16 pm

My floats are almost ready to take flight, so it is time to get a paddle and
a pump for the pump-out holes. Any suggestions for the pump? I noticed these
holes are smaller than the ones I've seen on other float planes. Is this
something you can buy at a local Canadian Tire or boat shop?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
List archives located at: https://mail.dcsol.com/login
username "rebel" password "builder"
Unsubscribe: rebel-builders-unsubscribe@dcsol.com
List administrator: mike.davis@dcsol.com

Bob Patterson

Post by Bob Patterson » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:16 pm

Hi Walter !

Yep ! Not all Canadian Tire stores have 'em, but they should,
out your way. If not, a boat shop definitely will. The ends of the
pump have a tapered fitting, so should fit the pump-outs easily.
I bought a pair of the heavy plastic paddles that disasemble into
2 parts because they could then fit easily into the baggage area.
I didn't fancy standing on my head to grab them off the float if
I needed them in a hurry .... worked ok.

If you don't have them already, you might want to keep an
eye out for a set of "SOS-PENDERS" - they are flotation vests that
look like fat suspenders, but inflate to give full floatation. They
run about $95 USD, but are so compact that you can actually WEAR them
when flying - making them really worthwhile. Several of the Rebel
driver here use them. You can get them at Sun 'n Fun & OSH, but I'm sure
they can be ordered from somebody directly .... will try to find
the manufacturers number.

......bobp

------------------------------orig.-----------------------------------------
At 07:04 PM 8/20/01 -0700, you wrote:
The list archives are located at:
http://www.dcsol.com:81/public/default.htm
username: rebel password: builder
My floats are almost ready to take flight, so it is time to get a paddle and
a pump for the pump-out holes. Any suggestions for the pump? I noticed these
holes are smaller than the ones I've seen on other float planes. Is this
something you can buy at a local Canadian Tire or boat shop?

You have received this message because you have subscribed to the
murphy-rebel mailing list.
To unsubscribe from this list, send an e-mail to: list-server@dcsol.com
with "unsubscribe murphy-rebel" in the body of the message.
For assistance contact mike.davis@dcsol.com

Margaret & Milton Thayer

Post by Margaret & Milton Thayer » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:16 pm

Bob
One source for the SOS-penders is Cabela's.
The Web site www.cabelas.com
look under Marine, boat accessories, personal floatation.
Milt.

Bob Patterson wrote:
*-------------------------------------------------------------------------* The list archives are located at: http://www.dcsol.com:81/public/default.ht
m username: rebel password: builder*-------------------------------------------------------------------------*Hi Walter ! Yep ! Not all Canadian Tire stores have 'em, but they should,out your way. If not, a boat sh
op definitely will. The ends of thepump have a tapered fitting, so should fit the pump-outs easily.I bought a pair of the heavy plastic paddles that disasemble into2 parts because they could then fit easily into the baggage area.I didn't fanc
y standing on my head to grab them off the float ifI needed them in a hurry .... worked ok. If you don't have them already, you might want to keep aneye out for a set of "SOS-PENDERS" -
they are flotation vests thatlook like fat suspenders, but inflate to give full floatation. Theyrun about $95 USD, but are so compact that you can actually WEAR themwhen flying - making them really worthwhile. Several of the Rebeldriver here u
se them. You can get them at Sun 'n Fun & OSH, but I'm sure they can be ordered from somebody directly .... will try to findthe manufacturers number. ......bobp---------------------
---------orig.-----------------------------------------At 07:04 PM 8/20/01 -0700, you wrote:
*-------------------------------------------------------------------------* The list archives are located at: http://www.dcsol.com:81/public/default.ht
m username: rebel password: builder*-------------------------------------------------------------------------*My floats are almost ready to take flight, so it is time to get a paddle anda pump for the pump-out holes. Any suggestions fo
r the pump? I noticed theseholes are smaller than the ones I've seen on other float planes. Is thissomething you can buy at a local Canadian Tire or boat shop?*-------------------------------------------------------------------------* You
have received this message because you have subscribed to the murphy-rebel mailing list. To unsubscribe from this list, send an e-mail to: list-server@dcsol.com with "unsubscribe murphy-rebel" in the body of the message. For assistance contact mike.davis@dcsol.com (mike.davis@dcsol.com)*-----------------------------------
*-------------------------------------------------------------------------* You have received this message because you have subscribed to the murphy-rebel mailing list. To unsubscribe from this list, send an e-mail t
o: list-server@dcsol.com (list-server@dcsol.com) with "unsubscribe murphy-rebel" in the body of the message. For assistance contact mike.davis@dcsol.com*-------------------------------------------------------------------------*

Walter Klatt

Thanks to you and Bob for these tips. Never heard of these SOSPENDERS before, but they definitely look worth looking into to. There are a lot of unique marine and outfitter shops around Vancouver. I wouldn't be surprised if I find them locally.
-----Original Message-----
From: murphy-rebel@dcsol.com [mailto:murphy-rebel@dcsol.com]On Behalf Of Margaret & Milton Thayer
Sent: August 21, 2001 4:45 AM
To: murphy-rebel@dcsol.com
Subject: Re: Pump for Murphy 1800 pump-outs

Bob
Milt.

Bob Patterson wrote:

m username: rebel password: builder*-------------------------------------------------------------------------*Hi Walter ! Yep ! Not all Canadian Tire stores have 'em, but they should,out your way. If not, a boat sh

op definitely will. The ends of thepump have a tapered fitting, so should fit the pump-outs easily.I bought a pair of the heavy plastic paddles that disasemble into2 parts because they could then fit easily into the baggage area.I didn't fanc

y standing on my head to grab them off the float ifI needed them in a hurry .... worked ok. If you don't have them already, you might want to keep aneye out for a set of "SOS-PENDERS" -
they are flotation vests thatlook like fat suspenders, but inflate to give full floatation. Theyrun about $95 USD, but are so compact that you can actually WEAR themwhen flying - making them really worthwhile. Several of the Rebeldriver here u

se them. You can get them at Sun 'n Fun & OSH, but I'm sure they can be ordered from somebody directly .... will try to findthe manufacturers number. ......bobp---------------------

---------orig.-----------------------------------------At 07:04 PM 8/20/01 -0700, you wrote:*-------------------------------------------------------------------------* You have received this message because you have subscribed to the murphy-rebel mailing list. To unsubscribe from this list, send an e-mail t

o: list-server@dcsol.com (list-server@dcsol.com) with "unsubscribe murphy-rebel" in the body of the message. For assistance contact mike.davis@dcsol.com (mike.davis@dcsol.com)*-------------------------------------------------------------------------*

Dave Qualley

Post by Dave Qualley » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:16 pm

<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"> Hi Walter..
Mustang in Richmond makes the suspenders in a couple of different colours and models..
http://www.mustangsurvival.com/catalog/ ... &ColorID=4
I have a pair of them.. Very comfortable, you don't even know it's there..

Dave
SR#057

Walter Klatt wrote: [quote] Thanks to you and Bob for these tips. Never heard of these SOSPENDERS before, but they definitely look worth looking into to. There are a lot of unique marine and outfitter shops around Vancouver. I wouldn't be surprised if I find them locally. [quote] -----Original Message-----
From: murphy-rebel@dcsol.com [mailto:murphy-rebel@dcsol.com (murphy-rebel@dcsol.com)]On Behalf Of Margaret & Milton Thayer

Bob
Milt.
Bob Patterson wrote: [quote] [quote]*-------------------------------------------------------------------------*

Rebflyer

Post by Rebflyer » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:16 pm

Hi Walt,
I bought my pumpout from Lake and Air, the folks I got my pumpout cups from. I'm not sure of the size of the MAM pumpouts but I think they are the same. About 1 1/8" I think ( I'll try to remember to verify that) They also had rubber, cork shaped, plugs
that fit snuggly in the cup. I bought the shorter pump, that's 15" long, and about 15.00 us. It works well. Curt N97MR

Walter Klatt

Yes, I was at a Steveston Marina store today to buy my pump and saw the Mustang inflatable suspenders at $149 Cdn. They are Canadian Coast Guard approved, too, so don't have to worry about the marine cops nabbing me on the water with a US PFD. That actually happened to me, many years ago, on a windsurfer, if you can believe it.
[quote] -----Original Message-----
From: murphy-rebel@dcsol.com [mailto:murphy-rebel@dcsol.com]On Behalf Of Dave Qualley
Sent: August 21, 2001 8:02 AM

Hi Walter..
Mustang in Richmond makes the suspenders in a couple of different colours and models..

Dave
SR#057

Walter Klatt wrote: [quote] Thanks to you and Bob for these tips. Never heard of these SOSPENDERS before, but they definitely look worth looking into to. There are a lot of unique marine and outfitter shops around Vancouver. I wouldn't be surprised if I find them locally. [quote] -----Original Message-----
From: murphy-rebel@dcsol.com [mailto:murphy-rebel@dcsol.com (murphy-rebel@dcsol.com)]On Behalf Of Margaret & Milton Thayer

Bob
Milt.
Bob Patterson wrote: [quote][quote]*-------------------------------------------------------------------------*

Drew and Jan

Post by Drew and Jan » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:16 pm

Mustang also makes a model that fits around your waist like a fanny pack. I
bought one for canoeing this spring and it is the only life jacket I have
ever worn in a boat when I wasn't already scared. I bought mine at a canoe
store in London ont. Canadian Tire sells the mustang suspender style.
Drew
Hi Walter.. Mustang in Richmond makes the suspenders in a couple of
different colours and models.. &ColorID=4 Very comfortable, you
don't even know it's there..

Dave
SR#057
-----------------------------------------------------

Walter Klatt

I ended up buying a Beckson model 212PC pump, about 12 inches long, very light, all plastic and can also be used to pump oil or diesel. I had to add a short plastic tube, similar to what the pump-outs use, to make it fit the tapered pump-out fitting. Cost was 24.59 CDN at Steveston Marine in Langley. They have a website, too, and sell to the U.S.
http://www.stevestonmarine.com/
From: murphy-rebel@dcsol.com [mailto:murphy-rebel@dcsol.com]On Behalf Of Walter Klatt
Sent: August 21, 2001 6:22 PM
Subject: RE: Pump for Murphy 1800 pump-outs

Yes, I was at a Steveston Marina store today to buy my pump and saw the Mustang inflatable suspenders at $149 Cdn. They are Canadian Coast Guard approved, too, so don't have to worry about the marine cops nabbing me on the water with a US PFD. That actually happened to me, many years ago, on a windsurfer, if you can believe it.
From: murphy-rebel@dcsol.com [mailto:murphy-rebel@dcsol.com]On Behalf Of Dave Qualley
Sent: August 21, 2001 8:02 AM

Hi Walter..

Dave
SR#057

Bob
Milt.
Bob Patterson wrote: [quote][quote]*-------------------------------------------------------------------------*