Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

Christmas, and you know what that means.

Converted from Wildcat! database. (read only)
Tim Hickey

Christmas, and you know what that means.

Post by Tim Hickey » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:07 pm

Hello, Rebelers, (and Moosers too)

I know that emails from me have been rather non-existent for the last number of months, but for all the good reasons.

I have finished building my "house hanger" (my wife thinks it is a building for storing all that stuff that used to live in the driveway and garage), and we are back at work on the Rebel on a regular basis. Today I finished up drilling out the stringers for the leading edge of the left wing. My goal is to get this last wing finished up by the first of the year.

My main reason for writing this tonight is that every Christmas season I am reminded that this is the season for the spirit of giving. With the way things are today with the Murphy Company, about the only thing us builders have in the way of resources are each other, and Bob Patterson. I have not had a need to contact Murphy, but from what I read on the list, success is not always assured.

The builder's list that Mike Davis gives us has been very valuable to me. Every time I spot a message with a tip in it, I save in a file by subject matter. Lately I have gotten several tips about the 4 door cowl.

Which leads me to remind all the list readers, active or otherwise, that it is most fitting to send a monetary contribution to Mike to support his efforts in keeping the list going.

I have not consulted with Mike about any of this, but I have found that his link on his home page will take you to a PayPal page that says "Could not complete your last transaction..." or something like that.

However, one can still send money to Mike using his email address, mike.davis@dcsol.com, through paypal.

I was just on the PayPal site, and have sent my annual contribution to support the list tonight.

If you can't or don't use PayPal, you can send him funds by using the mail. His address from his website is

Mike Davis
341 Winter Street
Fairbanks, AK 99712

Be generous. You won't regret it.

Early wishes to everyone for a Merry Christmas.

Tim Hickey

Rebel 808.

(by the way, does anyone have a Rebel with a serial number larger than mine?)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
List archives located at: https://mail.dcsol.com/login
username "rebel" password "builder"
Unsubscribe: rebel-builders-unsubscribe@dcsol.com
List administrator: mike.davis@dcsol.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------