Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

rebel tail section bulletin 100594rb-3

Converted from Wildcat! database. (read only)
vlemasters

Post by vlemasters » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:57 pm

Hi guys,
We have been lurking on this list for a short while and find that we need your help already.
We have been slowly working on rebel kit #411 and are just now starting the fuselage kit. The bulletin says that the extension (doubler?) goes inside the fuselage side skin fus-23. It looks like to me that the side skins are fus 22's. The sketch shows fus 23 and I am assuming that is correct however it seems that fus 22 would be the stronger of the two options. I hope that the sketch is correct as I made 1 to fit inside fus 23 this evening but thought I had better wait until I heard from some of you guys before I made another one.
Thanks in advance for your help
David Williams
Vern Lemasters

Wray Thompson

Post by Wray Thompson » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:57 pm

Guys I scanned in the notes I made when talking to Wayne regarding this last year and put a copy of it on my home page under construction. Just click on the Fus22Dblr under other stuff or click here http://webhome.idirect.com/~wrayt/fus22doubler.jpg I had a piece of .032 so I used that for my doublers.
Vern Lemasters wrote:
Hi guys,We have been lurking on this list for a short while and find that we need your help already.We have been slowly working on rebel kit #411 and are just now starting the fuselage kit. The bulletin says that the extension (doubler?) goes inside the fuselage side skin fus-23. It looks like to me that the side skins are fus 22's. The sketch shows fus 23 and I am assuming that is correct however it seems that fus 22 would be the stronger of the two options. I hope that the sketch is correct as I made 1 to fit inside fus 23 this evening but thought I had better wait until I heard from some of you guys before I made another one.Thanks in advance for your helpDavid WilliamsVern Lemasters

--
Wray Thompson ...Rebel 306 ...home page http://webhome.idirect.com/~wrayt/
My ICQ number is 29764664