Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

C of G change advice

Converted from Wildcat! database. (read only)
Rick Harper

C of G change advice

Post by Rick Harper » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:38 am

G'day from OZ Everyone !

We have just rebuilt our REBEL & received our new C of A & are just about to embark on a new flight test program to asses the planes' new handling characteristics with the leading edge cuffs that a friend (aircraft design engineer ) and I have installed - YAY !!!!!!!!!!!! :o)

We'd really like a bit of input from those who have leading edge cuffs already fitted to their plane (Rebels or not) - as to what to expect / what the cuff did to :

1) The Centre of Gravity - ( did it move Fwd or Aft ? )

(my Neanderthal logic estimates that as the leading edge moves forward - the Centre of Pressure should move forward also (there's more wing chord / & area now) ... and therefore the C of G should move forward slightly - ( to keep in with the "most wings / planes will balance at about 1/3rd chord back from the Leading Edge" rule ) also ... Yes ?)

If that is so ..... then I reckon we should be REMOVING some of the 10Kgs of lead shot I have placed in the tailcone area ( to balance the "light weight" IO-320 with a NOT shortened firewall) ... Yes ???

2) The RANGE of C of G - (did it get bigger / smaller - or stay the same & move forward overall or aft overall)

3) Any salient points to keep an eye out for ?!?

AS always - your thoughts and opinions are gratefully received !

Biggus
541R

-----------------------------------------------------------------
List archives located at: https://mail.dcsol.com/login
username "rebel" password "builder"
Unsubscribe: rebel-builders-unsubscribe@dcsol.com
List administrator: mike.davis@dcsol.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------