Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

Dad's Plane

Converted from Wildcat! database. (read only)
Rick Harper

Dad's Plane

Post by Rick Harper » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:07 pm

MessageG'day Everyone

Below, is an e-mail I just received from a friend's son.

His dad ,(my friend) - came to visit me at the start of this year (2500 miles ! ) .... and I took him for a ride in our Rebel - which Pete thoroughly enjoyed .... and he spent a week with me - riding around on our ferries in Sydney Harbour - talking about the Rebel he was building, and that it was almost finished - Pete went away pretty enthused !

I got a few e-mails from him after he got back to Western Australia - but then the e-mails stopped.
After I hadn't received an e-mail for about 3 months , I started to track Pete down - (I didn't have any other contact info other than his e-mail)

To cut a long story short - I found out that Pete had committed suicide - about 3 months after he visited Wendy & I
(and I didn't even realise he suffered from depression :o(

So, here we are :

Pete's son - Pierre ... has sent me this e-mail asking what he should ask for the plane - and I'm not that good at estimating this kind of stuff ...

Can anyone give me an idea of what Pete's plane is worth - "as is" ???

Thanks folks

Rick & Wendy Harper
541R

Hi Rick,

I'm Peter Giumelli's son - we spoke briefly on the phone some time after my father died. How are you? I write because the paperwork regarding Dad's estate has progressed to a point where we can now do something about his aeroplane. Although its construction was a labour of love for him, I have to face the fact that I simply don't have the skills, the time or the money to complete it myself - so I guess it makes sense to sell it. Not knowing much about aviation myself, I guess I don't know where to start in terms of setting a price, where to advertise it, or even how to describe it. So I thought I'd ask for your advice on the matter.

As I observe it, the state of his plane is thus:

- Construction of body & wings complete
- Some control mechanisms complete
- Jabiru engine purchased
- Engine mounting complete (although it is currently unmounted)
- Cowling constructed
- Propellor purchased
- Most instruments purchased (although not installed)

If you need further information to make an assessment, I can give you a call, send you photos of the plane, or put you in contact with one of his friends at the flying club who will probably give you more useful info than I can. Just let me know what you need.

Thanks in advance for your help. There's no urgency, just whenever you have some time.

Cheers,

Pierre

-----------------------------------------------------------------
List archives located at: https://mail.dcsol.com/login
username "rebel" password "builder"
Unsubscribe: rebel-builders-unsubscribe@dcsol.com
List administrator: mike.davis@dcsol.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------