Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

MAM Customer Satisfaction - was SAFETY ALERT SR/Moose Quick

Converted from Wildcat! database. (read only)
bransom

MAM Customer Satisfaction - was SAFETY ALERT SR/Moose Quick

Post by bransom » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:58 am

Good pre-purchase question raised. My 2 cents on it is essentially that the best thing is to realize
that the next kit, manual, plane, build process, and kit company will not be the same as the one you
got used to with your earlier project. This especially true as you go into your 4th project and you try
to swing right into it with that confidence. I was surprised and frustrated to make a mistake by
following an error in the MAM (the erroneous text is even bold emphasized). But that taught me to
just be more careful and sure of everything making sense before drilliing holes. (My previious project
was a Kolb ultralight and I think I only needed to call the factory once and there were zero mistakes in
their blueprints -- yes blueprints -- and maybe one inconsistency in their manual.)

A friend of mine that has built 2 1/2 RVs told me that the RV community jabs at the Murphy manual
being more of a "practical joke" than a builders manual. He goes on to say that the RV manual isn't
lots better -- the idea bing that we are supposed to be learning how to build an airplane, not follow a
recipe. I would disagree with the "practical joke" characterization -- the mAM is really quite good,
the people and knowedge here outstanding, and the plane is also outstanding value. If you want a
bush plane I think you are in the right place. PS: I also felt it was a good thing Murphy makes metal
stuff for a lot of other industry -- that diversity indicates a likelihood that they will be around for
awhile.
Ben/ 496R 30%

-----------------------------------------------------------------
List archives located at: https://mail.dcsol.com/login
username "rebel" password "builder"
Unsubscribe: rebel-builders-unsubscribe@dcsol.com
List administrator: mike.davis@dcsol.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------