Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

The manual strikes again...

Converted from Wildcat! database. (read only)
Mike Davis

The manual strikes again...

Post by Mike Davis » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:04 pm

For anybody at the Murphy factory reading this... looks like your manual cost you another customer. This individual is now building a Dream Aircraft Tundra.

Mike

"I took a look at the assembly manual. When I was at Murphy, I sat for an hour reading their manual. It seemed I could understand each page. However, I couldn't read all of it in an hour and I left thinking that there could easily be assembly steps that are too complicated or impractical for me to build. I didn't know if I would have all of the information I would need, or whether I would be on the telephone frequently. Dream Aircraft is very proud of their different approach to the manual. It is much less material than the Murphy manual. However, "a picture is worth a thousand words" applies here. Each bit of the plane is shown as a color coded assembly diagram. So you can look at the diagram and easily understand how to fit the parts together. The colors tell you what type of fastener to use. The first part of the manual describes drilling, deburring etc., so there is no confusion as to what they mean when they indicate that a particular action is required to the part. So un
like the Murphy manual,

I am not expecting to be reading the book more than building the plane. Keep in mind that I am a detail oriented person that always reads the forward and the acknowledgements of novels, so I like to read in detail. I think it is much easier to convey in pictures how to assemble something. I am not concerned that I will run into anything I cannot do."

-----------------------------------------------------------------
List archives located at: https://mail.dcsol.com/login
username "rebel" password "builder"
Unsubscribe: rebel-builders-unsubscribe@dcsol.com
List administrator: mike.davis@dcsol.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------