Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

2.5 liter Legacy

Converted from Wildcat! database. (read only)
Geert Frank

2.5 liter Legacy

Post by Geert Frank » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:26 pm

Hi Ken Bauman, I have suffered enough! I bought one of Eggenfellner's units. Everything already there firewall forward, except cowl and prop. He had an engine destined for a Rebel in Wisconsin on his teststand and I was able to feel it, see it, hear it. He has some of the most advanced features and to see that thing run so effortlessly is a delight. I also think he is pessimistic about his output of 165 hp, but that is just as well. He will sell you an intake manifold if you want one. His is super low, but he did eliminate the cooling manifold. I also watched some of his Glastar fire wall forward engines go out. Marvelous. I must remember though, that this guy is only an hour away from me by car and that makes a big difference. He also ran his Glastar 2.5 liter set-up at Oshkosh for 8 hours a day, without a prop, just a little cooling fan aimed towards the radiator. No temperature problems. An added feature for me is my decision to buy one of those IVOPROP c.s. props, because of the automotive set-up here comes a feature that is really going to make a difference, i.e. you can leave the throttle full open on the 2.5 liter and adjust desired power just moving the prop control. I am very pleased with my still in use, 2.2 unit and I hope somebody that wants to get in the air fast, buys it. I weigh 275 lbs and I have some tall trees around my 1300' strip, I need that extra 35 hp! Jan Eggenfellner is at www.subaruaircraft.com Hope I have been of some help. Geert Frank