Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

First Flight/Nova Scotia Etc.

Converted from Wildcat! database. (read only)
David Ricker

First Flight/Nova Scotia Etc.

Post by David Ricker » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:29 pm

Hi Warren
We are in Fall River, about 20 minutes (by car...) from Halifax and about 10 min from YHZ.
If you are looking at a cabin 157 km south of YHZ then it had better have an outboard motor included 'cause it will be somewhere in the Atlantic ocean!! I expect you were looking at something along the south shore (south - west for the uninitiated), there are many nice spots for cottages on the lakes down there, my cousin has a cottage on Caribou Lake and it is a really nice quiet spot.
If you find yourself in our neck of the woods cottage hunting or whatever, look us up, we always like to trade building stories.
Dave R.
Francine D.
David A. Ricker P. Eng.
Fall River, Nova Scotia
Canada
elite583.cjb.net

Warren Montgomery wrote:
Hey Rick,
I've flown over your GAFA and survived!! AUS would better qualify as a donut ;-).
Anyone not knowing what GAFA is can redirect to Rick. Basically, Great Australian FA (nothing). That being the whole middle of Aus from ~100 miles inland of the coast. Hey, unroll the donut and you'd have Canada.
And what's this;
...........same / land mass size as the US (minus Alaska & Canada) ............
I'm sure you weren't implying Canada is part of the US, at least not yet! Or do you know something I/we don't? Most probably you included that for the benefit of the Americans..Ouch! I'll be keeping my head low..........
Still haven't been back to SYD since our last failed hook up. I'm going to Canberra for an ATSB Human Factors course for accident investigators for the week 28 Oct to 1 Nov. Plan on staying on the Univ Campus. Will RON MEL 26 Oct and 1 Nov due to poor domestic connections.
Anyone in CAN or MEL then?
Dave,
Where are you in NS? We're thinking of buying a cabin 157 km south of YHZ. Can't remember name of lake. Magnificent area.
Warren
Moose 029
Dubai, UAE
Rick Harper wrote:
G'day Dave !Are you still planning to "drop in" to OZ in November ?!? Rick & Wendy Harper
----- Original Message -----
To: murphy-rebel@dcsol.com (murphy-rebel@dcsol.com)
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2002 10:51 AM
Subject: Re: First Flight

SNIP! >> OK,.... for the uninitiated (and this would cover most Canadians and Americans alike) ....>> Australia is virtually exactly the same / land mass size as the US (minus Alaska & Canada) ....
G'day Rick,
I know we are a long way away but just to set the record straight (how you say.....for the uninitiated), even though the States tend to think of us as just one more state we really aren't! ;^)
Actually I am looking forward to visiting your "little" part of the world in November. My SO has a conference in Adelaide and we plan to do a bit of touring to undecided locations afterward.
Cheers,
Dave R
Elite 583
Nova Scotia
Canada

Rick Harper wrote:
--