Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

Door Assembly

Converted from Wildcat! database. (read only)
Wayne G. O'Shea

Door Assembly

Post by Wayne G. O'Shea » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:34 pm

Ian, You replace the cleco with a RV1410 rivet! Seeing that you are doing the standard MAM door plunger installation (and most custom variations do the plunger the same way), do yourself a favour and where the manual tells you rivet the two square tubes together with a c/s RV4412 rivet at each end, DON'T. Rivet them together with a standard RV1410 and put a relief grove in the sliding Delrin bar stock to clear them. If you use the thin headed RV4412's you will be tearing the door latch apart again in the near future to repair it, as the heads work loose/off. I know, because that is the first item I do on every refurb!

Regards,
Wayne G. O'Shea
www.irishfield.on.ca
----- Original Message -----
To: murphy-rebel@dcsol.com (murphy-rebel@dcsol.com)
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2000 8:49 AM
Subject: Door Assembly

G'day

I am working on the door latch holders and have come to this problem!

When you are trial fitting the latch, the Delrin blocks are assembled with a spring and a stop tube (D12), held temporarily with a cleco.

How is this assembly together permanently? I can't seem to find the answer in the manual!

Thanks and regards

Ian Donaldson

allsure

Door Assembly

Post by allsure » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:34 pm

G'day

I am working on the door latch holders and have come to this problem!

When you are trial fitting the latch, the Delrin blocks are assembled with a spring and a stop tube (D12), held temporarily with a cleco.

How is this assembly together permanently? I can't seem to find the answer in the manual!

Thanks and regards

Ian Donaldson