Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

Oshkosh

Converted from Wildcat! database. (read only)
craig

Oshkosh

Post by craig » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:31 pm

I haven't seen any posts on Osh this past week so I thought I'd offer one.

Deb and I had a great time at Oshkosh. I was originally going to fly in with Si Smith and we tried but they'd had so much rain that we were turned away on Sat morning forcing us to try again on Sun. I decided to give my seat to Deb ( a disappointment but as it turns out a good investment!) and she got to land at Osh! Even though she loves building, she hasn't totally gotten on the small plane bandwagon yet. After she landed the first thing she said to me was "We have got to get our rebel finished!" Score!!

There were three rebels that I saw; Si Smiths, his son James' (which, by the way, was sold the day after it arrived), and another fellow from Canada whom I never got to meet. The three were parked together so it was a nice showing for the rebel. I also saw an elite and of course, Ted's moose. Next year maybe we can have a few more planes show up, rebels, moose, elite, whichever. Whatever the number is, I think the RV crowd doesn't have to worry about competition. I counted approximately 17, 000 RV's there!

The builder get together was fun with about 18 people in attendance when we were there. Our thanks to everyone who helped make it a success. It's always great to meet new folks or people that you've been emailing but have never met.

BTW, Deb has found our next project....a 3/4 scale P51 from Titan! Rosie the Riveter strikes again!

Take care all, Craig

Rebel #207
Wiring the panel and aircraft and eyeballing that engine start.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
List archives located at: https://mail.dcsol.com/login
username "rebel" password "builder"
Unsubscribe: rebel-builders-unsubscribe@dcsol.com
List administrator: mike.davis@dcsol.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------