Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

instrument source

Converted from Wildcat! database. (read only)
Ralph Baker

instrument source

Post by Ralph Baker » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:29 pm

Jason,
Van's Aircraft (the RV people) have a nice line of instruments for experimentals that are reasonably priced. Those I know who have used them are satisfied. Of course, you will have to put up with the kidding as it says "Vans" on the instrument face. I suggest you get their catalog as it has some goodies that are not available elsewhere.
Ralph Baker

Mike Kimball

instrument source

Post by Mike Kimball » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:29 pm

Yeah, they have some other cool stuff too. I just bought a two seat combo kit for cooling air that includes two NACA air scoops, two hose adapters for the NACA scoops, two eyeball vents, and six feet of 2 inch fresh air ducting for $60. I think that's a pretty good price and gets you everything you need for the front two seats. I also got a roll of clear UHMW tape that is used to protect rubbing surfaces. I was wondering how I would protect the paint on the doors where it fits behind the front door post skins, for the Super Rebel anyway. I don't know if the doors are done the same way on the Rebel or Elite.

Mike Kimball
SR #044

-----Original Message-----
From: murphy-rebel@dcsol.com [mailto:murphy-rebel@dcsol.com]On Behalf Of Ralph Baker
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2002 2:30 PM
To: murphy-rebel@dcsol.com
Subject: instrument source

Jason,
Van's Aircraft (the RV people) have a nice line of instruments for experimentals that are reasonably priced. Those I know who have used them are satisfied. Of course, you will have to put up with the kidding as it says "Vans" on the instrument face. I suggest you get their catalog as it has some goodies that are not available elsewhere.
Ralph Baker