Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

M14P Exhaust/Fuselage Height

Converted from Wildcat! database. (read only)
Don Boardman

M14P Exhaust/Fuselage Height

Post by Don Boardman » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:13 pm

Hi Bill,

As Phil just said a stainless steel exhaust is available as a cost option.
I don't know that George has heat boxes, though as a Yak dealer, he should be able to get his hands on the one the Yak uses. If my memory is correct, George said it would be an easy fabrication or maybe MAM would make one up with the Firewall Forward Kit.

As to the dimensions you where looking for. I am working on mounting temporary wheels to allow us to move our fuselage around. Here is what I found today.
(From memory ... always a questionable thing)
The distance from outside to outside of the gear leg ends without spindles or wheels is 87.25" with the weight of the mounted engine.

With the bear gear legs resting on the floor and the tail of the fuselage off the floor say 3 ft. the top of the cabin stands aprox. 7' ... 84". Lowering the tail, lowers the cabin.

We have 8" 1" clearance and are going to use a temporary wheel set-up to keep below 8' and be able to move the fuselage around until we mount to floats. (Which can't occur in the garage)

I hope this helps. I will recheck these number, which are from memory, when I work on the gear tomorrow and send corrections if necessary.

Regards,
Don Boardman
& Partner
Randy Bowers
Moose#130 "The Beast" M-14PF 400HP Aerocet 3500 amphibs Rome, NY