Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

Value of 90% / 10% project $

General building discussions, not model specific.
edodor

Value of 90% / 10% project $

Post by edodor » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:15 am

The following defines the situation. So, I have a 'restored' Rebel with a soon to be completed overhauled C-235. The restoration is mainly around the issue of the previous owner switching the gear from bungee to spring, WITHOUT DOING THE SUPPORTING LOAD SHAREING AS PER MANUAL. I'e rebuilt it all, repainted the plane and close to finishing the engine with the help of fellow Chapter 534 members. I do not know the value of what I have either as a completed flying aircraft or as is a 90% / 10% project. I'll be putting together a more complete information package, complete with photos, available for sending to anyone that wishes it. Here is the preface to a For Sale leaflet. Our Chapter is having a fly-in this coming weekend at KLEE

Due to health reasons, I am forced to abandon my Rebel project. This aircraft has a history of abuse and now restoration to nearly airworthy condition. This is truly a 90% done 10% to go. I’m like a person with a litter of kittens to dispose of. I would like for N226ED to have a good home. Close to Leesburg if possible. I want to ride in it in the future. I purchased the plane while living in Delaware, flew it from Panama City, FL to Georgetown, DE and have basically been working, and flying it since then, more working than flying however. It is remarkably fun to fly and the design has some unique qualities and will do something’s that many other planes cannot.
All the original paperwork is complete and in my possession. The registration expires in 2015 and is now in the process of an address update. I have extensive documentation of the restoration process with many pictures. I will be most happy to sit down with anyone and share everything that I know about the plane and the restoration.

Anyone have a kneejerk as to the value or ideas as to arriving at one? Thanks Ed Odor 302-236-0179

WWhunter

Re: Value of 90% / 10% project $

Post by WWhunter » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:01 am

Is this plane in Delaware or Florida? I have a friend that has been actively looking for a Rebel/Elite.

edodor

Post by edodor » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:07 am

When I purchased the plane, I lived in Georgetown, DE. I now live in Tavares, FL and the plane is in our EAA hanger at Leesburg, FL airport.

WWhunter

Post by WWhunter » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:07 am

Thanks Ed. I am currently at Ft. Meade, MD and if you were in DE I would have come taken a look and some info to relay to my bud. I am guessing if you list it on Barnstormers he will contact you.
Good luck,
Keith

Someday

Post by Someday » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:15 am

Hi Ed
I am in Panama City Florida and would be interested in buying your rebel if it is still available.
Values for a partially completed and a completed kit can be found at barnstormers.
Thanks,
Ray Baggett

edodor

Post by edodor » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:37 am

Ray Baggett, please send me contact information. Yes I am interested in selling my Rebel, located in Leesburg, FL. My email address is edodor@udel.edu