Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

wt & bal

Converted from Wildcat! database. (read only)
Charlie Starr

wt & bal

Post by Charlie Starr » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:13 am

Just to throw my two cents in re: wt. & bal.--- On SR 96CS, I found that the moment arms listed in the manual were not appropriate. With the airplane leveled, I dropped plumb lines from all of the locations (datum point, front seat in flight position, average fuel tank arm {a/c was weighed with unusable fuel in the tanks}, rear seats at normal rear location, tail wheel, AND THE ACTUAL CENTER OF THE BAGGAGE COMPT. Using these figures, and scale weights to determine empty cg, I came out with what I believe is a realistic set of numbers for my aircraft. Incidentally, my a/c came out a good bit heavier than I would have thought, at about 2000#. Just shows that every little piece adds weight. But still, I can carry 4 people, 80# baggage and 4 hours fuel - and flew to OSH with max weights.

Charlie Starr 065SR

-----------------------------------------------------------------
List archives located at: https://mail.dcsol.com/login
username "rebel" password "builder"
Unsubscribe: rebel-builders-unsubscribe@dcsol.com
List administrator: mike.davis@dcsol.com

Charlie Starr

Wt & bal

Post by Charlie Starr » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:16 am

Bob P

After reading your post about Brent's weights, I feel a lot better about my empty weight of 2041# on N96CS (which I though was pretty high). I came out with 974# left, 980# right, 87# tail @ 242.5" giving +10.31" empty c/g (includes 2.3 gal. per tank unusable fuel).

Attended EAA's SERFI (southeast regional fly in) yesterday at Evergreen, AL. Perfect weather for a change (rained out the past several years). Good attendance with lots of beautiful airplanes. Had many, many visitors looking at my 'Little Moose' - even more than looked at a new RV-10.

Charlie Starr

List archives located at: https://mail.dcsol.com/login
username "rebel" password "builder"
Unsubscribe: rebel-builders-unsubscribe@dcsol.com
List administrator: mike.davis@dcsol.com