Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

Wanted Rebel for sale on floats

General building discussions, not model specific.
rebflyer

Wanted Rebel for sale on floats

Post by rebflyer » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:48 am

Hi all, it's been a while! For those who don't know me I built the Rebel that Fife used to develop and we tested his tips on. It was flown on wheels for 150 hrs and when sold it was over 900 hrs total, mostly on MAM Amphibs. I do speak Rebel. :-)
All that to ask for help. A good friend is looking for a Rebel, maybe an Elite, but he would like to at least sit in one! He's tall!
I've heard of a couple for sale in Ontario. I've been in contact with Sean White and the Kingston Rebel and have heard of one in the Reece's Corner area but cannot seem to find contact info.
We'd like to make a road trip out of this seeing as many aircraft as possible and maybe a quick flight for my friend. we are in SE Michigan
Good to be back in the MAM world!
Curt Martin
E mail Rebflyer@aol.com
Cell 248-420-2295
Curtis Martin
Retired firefighter
Builder of N97MR 426r Rebel that earned a Silver Lindy OSH 2003
No longer the owner

WWhunter

Re: Wanted Rebel for sale on floats

Post by WWhunter » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:06 am

Curt,
I think I remember talking to you at Oshkosh many years ago, before your Rebel was complete. By the way, you should have won Grand Champion !! I saw the plane after it was finished, wished I could have purchased it when you sold it, then I wouldn't have an unfinished kit sitting at my place. ;)

For looking at a Rebel, maybe Si will chime in. He is in southern WI. I do have a wrecked Rebel in my hangar that was a flying plane and you can try out the 'fit' but not go for a flight. Not really sure of many other Rebels around MI. Good Luck!!
Keith

Elite583

Post by Elite583 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:25 am

Curt

I can't arrange a visit but I can tell you that I'm 6'-4" and I have flown in 2 Rebels and one Elite and while it's been a while I don't recall any concerns about height or leg room. I'm doing the Elite fuselage right now and it seems like plenty of room.

For comparison, I can fly a C-152 which has surprising headroom but I'm truly at the limits for leg room.

Cheers,

Dave 8)
Elite 583

Frank0145R

Post by Frank0145R » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:34 pm

There are 2 Rebels near Sarnia Ont. (Reeces Corners area) The one at Sarnia airport is Jabiru powered and will show much better than mine. Mine is 0145R and is Subaru EA-81 powered. Not a hanger queen by any stretch but she gets the job done. If sizing is what you are after we can make arrangements, preferably when things warm up a bit.

Great little airplanes!
Frank
http://home.cogeco.ca/~farndt/Index.htm

irishfield

Post by irishfield » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:38 am

My next, and probably final (before I get real old and have to sell mine too.. :lol: ), Rebel on Amphibs is probably a year.5 out Curt. The amphib floats are ready to install, I just need to rebuild a wing and do some refurb work before I can mate them to the 160HP Rebel I have in my "spares".

Linlei

Post by Linlei » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:47 pm

Curt,

If your road trip takes you near Owen Sound Ontario you are welcome to look at mine.
It would take very little persuading for me to take your friend for a flight.
Mike B.