Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

Ron Shannon

General building discussions, not model specific.
Garry

Re: Ron Shannon

Post by Garry » Tue May 05, 2020 5:07 pm

Guys,

Let's just cool this. We are talking about two different issues. Ron had a website that documented his build and is and was an excellent example of a build record that set a high standard for new builders. That was not controversial and should be preserved. Mike and I are collaborating on that effort.

Ron was also concerned about Mike continuing with this builders site on which I am posting this note, and feared that it would stop for some reason, so he developed an alternate which generated a good deal of controversy. I maintain access to that site and it's data, though I have no intention of doing anything with it except if Mike got hit by a falling tree or such. That was what created a good deal of animosity and ill will. This was mostly an over-reaction I thought though many thought it an insult to Mike. A diversity of opinion is generally good until it becomes vitriolic. There is no need to fear restoration of Ron's build site and Mike has been gracious enough to agree to support the effort, successful or not.

So to recap, this is two sites, one duplicating Mike's (not being pursued), and one exemplary build record. Mike's support for the build record site should speak for itself. Please let it do so.
Garry
C-FOKM 068R