Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

ELITE SPECIFIC ANNUAL CONDITION INSPECTION SHEET

General building discussions, not model specific.
stw122668

ELITE SPECIFIC ANNUAL CONDITION INSPECTION SHEET

Post by stw122668 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:51 am

HELLO,
I WAS WONDERING IF ANY OF YOU OUT THERE COULD HELP ME LOCATE AN ELITE SPECIFIC ANNUAL INSPECTION CHECK LIST.

JUST GETTING READY TO START AN ANNUAL CONDITION INSPECTION ON AN ELITE, HAVING A PREMADE CHECKLIST TAILORED TO THE ELITE WOULD BE A GREAT HELP. I HAVE DONE SOME POKING AROUND ON THE SITE, AND CANNOT LOCATE ONE. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

THANKS
STEVE WINTER
MANKATO MN
507-380-4958

tjhickey

Re: ELITE SPECIFIC ANNUAL CONDITION INSPECTION SHEET

Post by tjhickey » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:20 am

If you can't find what you are looking for specifically, search

http://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/14/ ... appendix-D

which is a link to part 43, appendix D, which is what you will sign off on in your annual condition inspection. It contains a pretty good summary of things to check.

Tim Hickey
Tim Hickey
Montrose, Iowa
319 795-2684

bobp

Post by bobp » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:22 am

Hi Steve !

You could start with the Rebel maintenance manual, found
here: http://www.pattersonaerosales.com/Aircr ... EBMAIN.pdf

Since it IS the "Rebel Elite", most of the Rebel information applies.
You should also review all of the Factory Service Bulletins for both
the Elite & Rebel - found under Tech Support for each kit.

Using those, you could build your own manual. Sorry, don't
have more to offer.

(Mike or I will move this topic to the Elite Forum later ...)
....bobp

ericfo

Post by ericfo » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:03 am

I just completed my annual for my Elite using an inspection checklist that I have developed over the last 6 annuals. It is in an Excel spreadsheet and I can email it to you. Just send an email to elist@efogelin.com.

Eric
Elite Amphib
N645E

ericfo

Post by ericfo » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:07 am

I just completed my annual for my Elite using an inspection checklist that I have developed over the last 6 annuals. It is in an Excel spreadsheet and I can email it to you. Just send an email to elist@efogelin.com.

Eric
Elite Amphib
N645E

stw122668

Post by stw122668 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:47 am

Thanks Eric,
I look forward to seeing what you came up with.

Having a model specific checklist is real nice compared to a generic 43.13 appendix D checklist. With a model specific list you can more completely address the unique aspects of a specific model. For example the inspection items/criteria for a Lancair vs a Rebel vs a RV6 can be very different, and just going off of the 43.13 appendix D is TOO generic.

Thanks again

Steve Winter

stw122668

Post by stw122668 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:07 am

Thanks Eric,
I look forward to seeing what you came up with.

Having a model specific checklist is real nice compared to a generic 43.13 appendix D checklist. With a model specific list you can more completely address the unique aspects of a specific model. For example the inspection items/criteria for a Lancair vs a Rebel vs a RV6 can be very different, and just going off of the 43.13 appendix D is TOO generic.

Thanks again

Steve Winter

ericfo

Post by ericfo » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:23 pm

Agreed. Section 43.13 appendix D checklist reads more like: CFAR 43.13 (2)(a)(iivix) Airplane has wings. (Pass/Fail)

I do always review 43.13 appendix D but after my detailed inspection list. The devil is in the details and my wife always finds expensive things like $200 starter casting crack while we go through our detailed inspection list.

Inspections really don't take that long, but having an organized list allows you to break the large inspection down into manageable detailed pieces. As our airplane turns from shiny and new into a seasoned airplane, we are finding those problems that need addressing.

All good.

Eric
N645E

Elite583

Post by Elite583 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:24 pm

Steve

If you haven't heard about this yet there is an issue or two which can to turn up on Elites after a few hundred hours so it would be prudent to check these at least at your annual.

The aft spar of the stabilizer has shown cracking around the hinge mounts and nearby in the outer rib on a couple of Elites and there is a SB kit for the same failure for the SR/M.

The outer end of the aft wing spar has shown cracking at the aileron hinge mount on the SR/M and there is a SB kit for that too. I don't know of any failures on Elites but given that construction of the Elite is quite similar in that area and it has a similar mass balanced aileron I think it's prudent to put that on a watch list.

I'm hoping I don't hear of any more "watch" issues before we get our Elite flying!

Dave
Elite583

stw122668

Post by stw122668 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:47 pm

Dave,
Thanks for the input, I will definitely look at these areas. I have heard of cracking on the horiz stab.
Thanks,
Steve