Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

HD Camera Options for flight - propeller artifact

General building discussions, not model specific.
Coastflyer

Re: HD Camera Options for flight - propeller artifact

Post by Coastflyer » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:16 pm

I see that the viewer can toggle the HQ on and off. That makes a big difference. Is that what you mean by the wheel?
Jesse

irishfield

Post by irishfield » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:25 pm

Yah the little geared wheel... click and then select 720 or 1080 HD. I find it defauts to 360 many times.

Walter Klatt

Post by Walter Klatt » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:51 pm

Coastflyer wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMP8U84 ... ata_player

Here's the takeoff. See if you can spot the pickup truck that turnes onto the runway and comes toward us just as we're lifting. Got lucky there I guess. A few seconds later and we may have been in trouble.
As I view these on YouTube, I'm noticing a lot of variation in quality, from almost as good as the original, to really grainy and not much fun to watch. Hopefully that's a function of my internet connection, and not an actual degradation.
I'll get you a picture of my "mount" Walter, although I haven't been able to post any pics here directly, so maybe it will be a YouTube vid. It's currently just taped onto the top of the dash, but I was thinking of trying the top cross beam like you. Boy, It's neat having your phone mounted right in front of you like that. You can do a lot.
Yes, the degradation can be from your youtube settings. But also if you are recording from inside the cockpit, your camera, with its autofocus, can focus on your windshield or cowl, and your outside scenery might be a little blurry. That's where a higher mounting (outside is best, of course) that doesn't see your windshield or cowl is better. My old Sony vid cam has a manual focus, and I just set it the farthest distance, so the outside scenery is always in focus. It also has a motion stability feature, which may help a bit, too.
Walter Klatt

Coastflyer

Post by Coastflyer » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:22 pm

I guess the mobile site is different, because I'm not finding that info, Wayne, but good to know the user can choose playback quality.
And that's definitely the issue, Walter, because the original footage is pretty clear.
Jesse