Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

Yukon w 540 mount question

General building discussions, not model specific.
nwischer

Yukon w 540 mount question

Post by nwischer » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:07 pm

Hi everybody. I am building a Yukon with a IO-540. I just ordered the moose/super rebel 5 point mount 540 mount and also the Vee brace that goes inside the windscreen. I figured that the top center engine mount and the v-brace somehow tie together.

When I ordered from Nigel at Murphy earlier today, he thought there might be a piece of channel that I need to mount to the firewall and he was going to look into it. I don't have any plans regarding the 540 engine mount, as I have the Yukon plans. I looked over the site here and I also found a picture of what looks like two separate inside V shaped braces that look to tie the upper center engine mount to each of the outer upper engine mounts and a spot just forward of the front of the doors(about a foot up). The picture is located at: Gallery | SR-Moose | Engines | DSC00355 . I am not sure if this is a stock piece or a custom piece. thanks for any help, Neil

Dick

Re: Yukon w 540 mount question

Post by Dick » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:44 am

I fabricated a bracket from some heavy sheet metal and attached it to the inside of the firewall. The thickness was about .090" x 4 to 6" wide. It was long enough to pick up the channels on the outside. The bend was made over a piece of 2x4 with the round edge clamped in a big vice. If you don't have the heavy duty tooling you get creative.
Dick

Dale

Re: Yukon w 540 mount question

Post by Dale » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:02 pm

Neil,

The mount that you are referring too was made for the Turbine Moose (T-Moose).
Dale
British Columbia, BC
Mountain Flying at Its Best