Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

Aircraft Bills of Sale

General building discussions, not model specific.
Mike Espinoza

Re: is this where we post general bs?

Post by Mike Espinoza » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:14 am

I guess this is the best place to introduce myself. I found a previously owned Rebel kit that I intend to buy. The seller has an invoice but no bill of sale from Murphy. As soon as the Bill of Sale is issued I will be a proud owner. I too miss reading the daily e-mail but I am sure I will figure it out after watching more of the training videos.
Last edited by Mike Espinoza on Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joel

Post by joel » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:57 am

So, how are tou getting a bill of sale? From Murphy? I am the origional owner of my kit and never got a bill of sale - I think I'm going to need one to get it registered..
Joel
Rebel 416
Mike Espinoza wrote:I guess this is the best place to introduce. I found a previously owned Rebel kit that I intend to buy. The seller has an invoice but no bill of sale from Murphy. As soon as the Bill of Sale is issued I will be a proud owner. I too miss reading the daily e-mail but I am sure I will figure it out after watching more of the training videos.

Mike Espinoza

Aircraft Bills of Sale

Post by Mike Espinoza » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:34 am

joel wrote:So, how are tou getting a bill of sale? From Murphy? I am the origional owner of my kit and never got a bill of sale - I think I'm going to need one to get it registered..
Joel
Rebel 416
Mike Espinoza wrote:I guess this is the best place to introduce myself. I found a previously owned Rebel kit that I intend to buy. The seller has an invoice but no bill of sale from Murphy. As soon as the Bill of Sale is issued I will be a proud owner. I too miss reading the daily e-mail but I am sure I will figure it out after watching more of the training videos.

Joel
The seller (original owner) sent an e-mail to Murphy at shipping@murphyair.com. But it has been 4 weeks and no reply. I hope they respond. I will let you know.
Mike
Last edited by Mike Espinoza on Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wlflier

Re: Getting bill of sale for used kit

Post by Wlflier » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:31 pm

I don't know about Canada but if your a U.S. builder and you don't have a paper trail back to Murphy Aircraft ei a bill of sale from Murphy you will have big problems with registration. If you can't get that paper trail you should probably register it as a xyz special not a Murphy Rebel. Anyone buying a second or third hand project you need that paper trail. Been there done that at the tune of 18 months of frushtration.
Si

mikefairbanks
Site Admin

Post by mikefairbanks » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:47 pm

Wlflier wrote:I don't know about Canada but if your a U.S. builder and you don't have a paper trail back to Murphy Aircraft ei a bill of sale from Murphy you will have big problems with registration. If you can't get that paper trail you should probably register it as a xyz special not a Murphy Rebel. Anyone buying a second or third hand project you need that paper trail. Been there done that at the tune of 18 months of frushtration.
Si
It's been a few years, but for my last registration I did not have a bill of sale... so I just registered as being built from assorted parts and pieces. No problem at all.
Mike Davis
Fairbanks, Alaska
"I'd rather be flying!"

Wlflier

Post by Wlflier » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:58 pm

That is what you needed to do Mike but you want to keep the Murphy name out of it. the FAA has gotten much stricter over the last few years.

Si

Mike Espinoza

Aircraft Bills of Sale

Post by Mike Espinoza » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:15 pm

mikefairbanks wrote:
Wlflier wrote:I don't know about Canada but if your a U.S. builder and you don't have a paper trail back to Murphy Aircraft ei a bill of sale from Murphy you will have big problems with registration. If you can't get that paper trail you should probably register it as a xyz special not a Murphy Rebel. Anyone buying a second or third hand project you need that paper trail. Been there done that at the tune of 18 months of frushtration.
Si
It's been a few years, but for my last registration I did not have a bill of sale... so I just registered as being built from assorted parts and pieces. No problem at all.
This will be the first airplane that I will build and have some concerns. If I register a Rebel as being built from parts what problems will I encounter? Will I have trouble getting insurance since it is not a proven design (not a Murphy Rebel)? Will the fly off time (test flight) be extended? Will the FAA inspector be more critica?

Mike Espinoza
Last edited by Mike Espinoza on Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikefairbanks
Site Admin

Post by mikefairbanks » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:15 pm

Yep, just called it called a "Davis Special"
Mike Davis
Fairbanks, Alaska
"I'd rather be flying!"

Jack Korycki

Post by Jack Korycki » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:59 pm

I got a generic bill of sale from Bob Patterson by E-mail, filled it out and E-mailed it to Darryl Murphy. Darryl signed it scanned it and E-mailed it back the next day. My Moose is now registered.

Jack Korycki

Post by Jack Korycki » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:05 pm

I should mention that I also sent Darryl a copy of the original purchase agreement so he wouldn't have to dig for it

bobp

Aircraft Bills of Sale

Post by bobp » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:31 pm

This topic should be Aircraft Bills of Sale
....bobp

Mike Espinoza

Aircraft Bills of Sale

Post by Mike Espinoza » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:15 am

Jack Korycki wrote:I got a generic bill of sale from Bob Patterson by E-mail, filled it out and E-mailed it to Darryl Murphy. Darryl signed it scanned it and E-mailed it back the next day. My Moose is now registered.
Thank you for the advice Jack. The seller for the kit I want to buy already took your suggestion.

Mike Espinoza

Re: Aircraft Bills of Sale

Post by Mike Espinoza » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:00 pm

The seller for the kit I will buy finally received a signed Bill of Sale from Murphy. The seller did exactly as Jack suggested. He filled out the Bill of Sale form 8050-2, signed it and sent the copy (including a copy of the original invoice) by E-mail to shipping@murphyair.com. It took some time but he did get it back.

Thank you Jack! I will receive my kit in a few weeks!!
Mike Espinoza