Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

[rebel-builders] CSK Rivets on Moose Elevator Leading Edge..

Converted from Wildcat! database. (read only)
Rick Johnson

[rebel-builders] CSK Rivets on Moose Elevator Leading Edge... or not

Post by Rick Johnson » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:47 pm

Thanks for the info on the wing. I am planning on installing VGs. Do you know if the elevator leading edge uses countersunk rivets or not?

Thanks,

Rick
SR277
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 11:13:44 -0700> From: tim.saxton@shaw.ca> Subject: Re: [rebel-builders] CSK Rivets on Moose Elevator Leading Edge... or not> To: rebel-builders@dcsol.com> > Rick,> > Murphy's original SR (O-540, 2 blade prop) had the RV1410 rivets and their > second SR (IO-540, 3 blade prop) had the countersunk rivets on the wing > leading edge. Murphy said the 2nd SR cruised a bit slower, probably due to > the prop change. The countersunk rivets were in response to builder's > interest in this option. No doubt at least a few builder's have done the > countersinking. I actually purchase the RV4412 rivets to do this but then > decided the benefit was bit worth the effort. Compared to floats for > instance, the drag savings will be insignificant. On the other hand, the > vortex generators for the wing have demonstrated advantages and are highly > recommended by many. The VGs are probably best installed at the end of the > project.> > Tim> SR060> > > ----- Original Message ----- >
r
icka10@msn.com>> To: <rebel-builders@dcsol.com>> Sent: Monday, June 30, 2008 12:46 AM> Subject: [rebel-builders] CSK Rivets on Moose Elevator Leading Edge... or > not> > > >> > Hello everyone,> >> > Well the best I can cipher my manual says regular RV 1410 rivets for the > > moose elevator leading edge but I saw some pictures of the old Murphy > > Moose demonstrator that looked like csk rivets. Which is it?> >> > Thanks in advance,> >> > Rick> > SR277> > > > > -----------------------------------------------------------------> List archives located at: https://mail.dcsol.com/login> username "rebel" password "builder"> Unsubscribe: rebel-builders-unsubscribe@dcsol.com> List administrator: mike.davis@dcsol.com> -----------------------------------------------------------------> > >