Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

Swing-up Door Latches

Converted from Wildcat! database. (read only)
Lonnie Benson

Swing-up Door Latches

Post by Lonnie Benson » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:57 pm

I am building swing-up doors for my Rebel and am trying to determine how many latches I will need and where to put them. My original thought was to put latches at the front, rear and bottom of the door. Now that I have the first door clecoed together and hanging it appears that the door may be sturdy enough to require only one latch at the bottom. I saw Curts' swing-up doors but do not remember how many latches he has.

Thanks for your help.

Lonnie

rebelair

Swing-up Door Latches

Post by rebelair » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:57 pm

Hi Lonnie

Rick Ford of Whitby Ontario has swing up doors on both sides of his Rebel. He could give you some help. Bob P. would have his phone number & he may have pictures on the web somewhere.

Brian #328R
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, August 20, 2000 7:14 AM
To: Murphy Rebel Builders List
Subject: Swing-up Door Latches

I am building swing-up doors for my Rebel and am trying to determine how many latches I will need and where to put them. My original thought was to put latches at the front, rear and bottom of the door. Now that I have the first door clecoed together and hanging it appears that the door may be sturdy enough to require only one latch at the bottom. I saw Curts' swing-up doors but do not remember how many latches he has.

Thanks for your help.

Lonnie