Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

Rebel - Elevator Control Horn Alignment

Converted from Wildcat! database. (read only)
Rich Dodson

Rebel - Elevator Control Horn Alignment

Post by Rich Dodson » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:08 am

Good Evening Gents!

I am dutifully working on the right elevator now. Got to a point that I wish I had a completed Rebel nearby to look at...

Referencing page 1 of Rebel Assembly Manual Chapter 5.0 (Rebel Elevator Assembly), I come across Figure 5.2.1. It appears to be trying to tell me with arrows where the 5/32" threaded hole in the elevator control horn and end cap assembly (CC-43 and EL-31) should align with (something) on the spar. That something is not defined (it looks like the Figure is missing a text box right in the middle).

My guess (oh and how I hate to do that with a control surface) is that the threaded hole aligns with the full length line on the spar. That line is, of course, where the ribs' small flange rivets go. That would place the control horn hanging down nearly perpendicular to the horizontal/trailing aft ribs.

Could someone look at a good flying Rebel and tell me if this is the case? Also, how exact do I need to make this alignment? I normally shoot for 1/32 of an inch.

I received 15 EL-26 elevator-rudder ribs in my kit. I used five for the rudder. It looks like I am going to use four more for each elevator. That leaves two. Are those spares? I really hate it when there are parts on the workbench after I put something together! Haha!

Thanks a bunch guys!
Rich

-----------------------------------------------------------------
List archives located at: https://mail.dcsol.com/login
username "rebel" password "builder"
Unsubscribe: rebel-builders-unsubscribe@dcsol.com
List administrator: mike.davis@dcsol.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------