Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

[rebel-builders] Letter from Darryl

Converted from Wildcat! database. (read only)
Bruce Georgen

[rebel-builders] Letter from Darryl

Post by Bruce Georgen » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:26 am

I have been mostly silent reading all the MAM bashing this past week. It is unfortunate. I think the MAM products have a lot going for them. I have been flying a Rebel on wheel and amphib know for two and a half years and have been very pleased with its performance. I know of no certified plane that can match it and I can do all its inspections myself.

Somebody, apparrantly, has an ax to grind, or maybe they just shouldn't be building a plane in the first place or just unrealistic expectations. I bought a half complete kit and MAM was willing to give me full support and a new manual on CD for a small fee. their tech was always available and willing to help when I needed it. their manual was as good as Skystar's Kitfox manual. It wasn't perfect but what is? I had my frustrating moments, like having to undo and upgrade stuff, but I felt I was gaining from others experiences with their planes. Be glad you have an opportunity to fix it now and have a better product. Give MAM a break!

I didn't have all the skills when I started. Building a kit is a learning experience and no manual can give you that. There is additional reading and technical understanding that has to accompany the process. I wanted to fly but I actually enjoyed the building and miss it. Lets get back to building and get your planes done. You will not regret your decision.

My best wishes to Robin.

Bruce G

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Feb 23, 2006 7:39 PM
To: rebel-builders@dcsol.com
Subject: [rebel-builders] Letter from Darryl

I have been asked to publish this letter from Darryl to the builders list so that certain rumours can be squashed. I'm not sure how a comparison of manuals got this latest round of bashing started... we all know what we're dealing with by now, and between the support we get from the folks at Murphy and this builders list, we have successfully overcome every problem that has come up with these aircraft so far. I hope that we will all continue to work towards making these airplanes better for all of us to enjoy.

Mike

To All Builders

As I`ve said before, I believe this site should be for the builders only and not for company use. However, there are a couple of things that need to be mentioned.

First, I am saddened to tell you that Robin will not be with us for a few months as he is on a medical leave. Robin had a heart attack last week. I tell you this only because already false rumours are making the rounds. Robin is well respected and has made many friends in the industry over the last 20 years and I`m sure all of you wish him a speedy recovery.

Second, technical is still operating. Contrary to what some people are saying there are a number of people, including myself, in the shop who can answer most of your tech problems. We do ask, that if possible, please put your questions in emails or on faxes. This allows us to look at and answer them after office hours. Your help in this matter would be appreciated.

Cheers
Darryl

-----------------------------------------------------------------
List archives located at: https://www.dcsol.com/login
username "rebel" password "builder"
Subscription services located at:
https://www.dcsol.com/public/code/html-subscribe.htm
List administrator: mike.davis@dcsol.com

List archives located at: https://mail.dcsol.com/login
username "rebel" password "builder"