Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

Rebel cabin ventilation

Converted from Wildcat! database. (read only)
Ian Donaldson

Rebel cabin ventilation

Post by Ian Donaldson » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:24 pm

G'day

I have purchased two CC3251 window vents from ACS, and I am now looking for some ideas as to where
to place them in the side windows.

Can someone using these please give me some ideas?

What other methods do listers use to get fresh air into the cabin area?

Thanks and regards

Ian Donaldson

(flying and loving it!)

Wayne G. O'Shea

Rebel cabin ventilation

Post by Wayne G. O'Shea » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:24 pm

Ian, I have Howard's Rebel on site so I can take and post some pictures of where his are. His are low down in the forward corner of the window and it is a question of personal preference where you want the wind blowing on you for ventalation, as to where you put them. I would likely put them in the top corner to blow on the sweat factory (forehead) when things are going bad!!

Cheers,
Wayne
----- Original Message -----
To: murphy-rebel@dcsol.com (murphy-rebel@dcsol.com)
Sent: Monday, September 09, 2002 2:30 AM
Subject: Rebel cabin ventilation

G'day

I have purchased two CC3251 window vents from ACS, and I am now looking for some ideas as to where

Thanks and regards

Ian Donaldson

(flying and loving it!)

Walter Klatt

Rebel cabin ventilation

Post by Walter Klatt » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:24 pm

I did mine just a couple of months ago, and as Wayne says, it's personal preference. MIne are mounted at face height with the centre about 6 inches from the front of the window. When wide open, the air flow comes out at roughly a 45 degree angle. In practice, I rarely use full open, as there is quite a strong volume of air that comes through, and in my case it is actually far enough forward so that it is directed more towards my passenger. However, a 1/4 open will give me a slight pleasant air breeze on my face, which is what I prefer when it is really hot out.

When installing, be sure to practice on a scrap piece of lexan to get the hole size right. You don't want it too loose.

Good luck.

Walter
-----Original Message-----
From: murphy-rebel@dcsol.com [mailto:murphy-rebel@dcsol.com]On Behalf Of Wayne G. O'Shea
Sent: Monday, September 09, 2002 6:12 AM
To: murphy-rebel@dcsol.com
Subject: Re: Rebel cabin ventilation

Ian, I have Howard's Rebel on site so I can take and post some pictures of where his are. His are low down in the forward corner of the window and it is a question of personal preference where you want the wind blowing on you for ventalation, as to where you put them. I would likely put them in the top corner to blow on the sweat factory (forehead) when things are going bad!!

Cheers,
Wayne
Sent: Monday, September 09, 2002 2:30 AM

G'day

Thanks and regards

Ian Donaldson

(flying and loving it!)

Rick Harper

Rebel cabin ventilation

Post by Rick Harper » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:24 pm

G'day Ian

Rick here !

I fitted a couple of NACA duct "kits" from Vans aircraft (yep... the same ones that they fit into an RV 4/6/7/8/9 etc )....and a "Y" piece to go to your feet

The NACA duct is on each side , just near & below your knee ...this runs to the "Y" connector and one end runs down to give air (controlled through a rotary sleeve valve....I saw one fitted to a Glasair (& it was priced at several hundred dollars) ... and I copied it in el-cheapo aluminium / easily available tubes ... at a grand cost of about $1 dollar each ! :-) and the other end runs up to the "eyeball vent" that comes supplied from Vans , which I have under each side of the dash ...these can point anywhere from your face to your lap and the TWO sides (NACA ducts, tubing & eyeball vents) all came to $60 U.S. from memory !

I also have a couple of "snap vents" that I purchased to put in each side window ... but haven't felt the need to fit them as yet

WHEN you finally fly your beast to Sydney for one of our Bi-monthly BBQ's , you'll be able to see for yourself !

Don't forget Temora is on 18-20th October .... AND next Easter is NOT at Mangalore ...it's at Wagga Wagga and guess who's got the job of organising it ! .... yep ... me :-(

So keep the 18 - 20th of April next year FREE too !!! :-)

Rick & Wendy
541R FLYING :-)

Sent: Monday, September 09, 2002 4:30 PM

G'day

Thanks and regards

Ian Donaldson

(flying and loving it!)

Ian Donaldson

Rebel cabin ventilation

Post by Ian Donaldson » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:24 pm

G'day

Thanks for the information on the window vents..

I just need to gather up my courage and cut some holes in the Lexan.

Wayne's pictures were quite helpful. Someone once said that a picture is worth a thousand words!

Regards

Ian Donaldson

I did mine just a couple of months ago, and as Wayne says, it's personal preference. MIne are mounted at face height with the centre about 6 inches from the front of the window. When wide open, the air flow comes out at roughly a 45 degree angle. In practice, I rarely use full open, as there is quite a strong volume of air that comes through, and in my case it is actually far enough forward so that it is directed more towards my passenger. However, a 1/4 open will give me a slight pleasant air breeze on my face, which is what I prefer when it is really hot out.

When installing, be sure to practice on a scrap piece of lexan to get the hole size right. You don't want it too loose.

Good luck.