Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

Old builder coming up to the List - Windshield installation

Converted from Wildcat! database. (read only)
Francesco.Simioni

Old builder coming up to the List - Windshield installation

Post by Francesco.Simioni » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:13 pm

Hi to every one
I am an old and slow builder of Rebel 562 R and have been monitoring this list since June 1998 when Brian Godden , at that time European rep. in nearby France ( Epinal ), gave me address of the web site DCSOL
Now I have decided to subscribe to the list and to come up and thanks every builder for the hints and problem solving messages that are one of the best resources we have , and one special thanks have to be extended to Wayne O Shea and Bob Patterson for their expert opinions .
Unfortunately in Italy I am the only and first Rebel builder building with all the registration rules and our burocracy does not certainly help the process ( there have been 2 Rebels UltraLights built by a commercial company about 8 years ago and one of them crashed last year killing the 83 years old pilot , a probable steep turn stall ) .
The question to Wayne is : you posted some beautiful pictures ( better than 20 pages of Manual ) about the windshield installation, was that Rebel with the Firewall cut back or with the the firewall at regular distance ?
That is because I see that the wind shield rests well behind the firewall , and in the past I read messages saying that by cutting the firewall back , the front edge of the wind shield was resting above the Hot side of the engine compartment and therefore some stainless steel separation was required .
I am not at that stage of building but just to clear my mind because on this subject the manual is not the best for a first timer .
Thanks again and hope to give my modest contribution in the future

Ciao

Francesco Simioni
562R

-----------------------------------------------------------------
List archives located at: https://mail.dcsol.com/login
username "rebel" password "builder"
Unsubscribe: rebel-builders-unsubscribe@dcsol.com
List administrator: mike.davis@dcsol.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------