Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

Electronic Ignition

Converted from Wildcat! database. (read only)
Brian & Pat Cross

Electronic Ignition

Post by Brian & Pat Cross » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:00 pm

Curt

Could you please let me know what you are using for your ignition system. I cannot find your previous mailing. I would like to swap out one mag for an electronic gizmo. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Brian #328R

Rebflyer

Electronic Ignition

Post by Rebflyer » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:04 pm

Hi Brian, I'm using the lightspeed engineering (yes the same as the headset co) Another person is Jeff Rose but I'm not sure if that is the name of his company. They have both expanded their lineups since I bought mine, but in principal they are the same. Wha
t changes is where you mount the pickup coils and timing pins. One style mounts the coils on a bracket behind the starter ring gear support and you have to drill two pins for the timing. The factory will do that for you for a cost, but if you have a drill pre
ss available it's not that tough to do. You did build an airplane! The other style is mounted in the hole you remove the mag from, and that seems to be ok, but the original worries of that were the gear slack in the accessory case. Harder to keep align correc
tly I guess. I do Have the coils mounted behind the ring gear support myself. Lightspeeds instructions are quite clear and easy to follow, and my unit has been flawless. Light also sells the bushing sparkplug combo so you can run nice platinum auto plugs at 3
.50 vs 16.00 aviation plugs. Actually, the cost of the bushings and the first set of plugs were the same as aviation plugs if memory seves me. Either unit is good, so happy hunting Curt N97MR

-----------------------------------------------------------------
List archives located at: https://mail.dcsol.com/login
username "rebel" password "builder"
Unsubscribe: rebel-builders-unsubscribe@dcsol.com
List administrator: mike.davis@dcsol.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------