Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

Elite This and That

Converted from Wildcat! database. (read only)
Keith Oliver

Elite This and That

Post by Keith Oliver » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:00 pm

Have several items for the list today

1. Awhile back, plastic / nylon washers were mentioned for use in the hinge areas. Any sources ????

2. Does anyone have a source for shims to align landing gear ?

3. I need a source for the square tube that is used for the door frames, looking for 2, 16 inch pieces

4. I am concerned about the exposed rudder cables, getting jammed by items in cargo area. any ideas ??? wonder about push-pull cables
such as are used for boats. They look pretty rugged and well made. How much travel would I need
5. Is there a source for the cable guides as provided by Murphy ( RG-1) in the US ?

6. I am getting ready to return my prop and spinner back to Warp Drive. We have talked and they are happy to take the items back as per their Guarantee.
I thought that maybe someone on the list might want them 1st. All new and still in boxes. complete with 2 set of blades (regular and tapered) ordered for an
0-320 nickel edges, protractor Everything !!
Spinner is a UHS 14"
They were bought at Sun N Fun 2 years ago. I think I have about $1250 US into them. ???????. If no interest I will ship back to WARP for a full refund. All or nothing

Not going to Sun N Fun this year. I have gone for the last 8 straight I am not a happy camper !!!

So much to do and so little time

Keith Oliver
Elite #654 TD
N654ME (reserved)
Farmingdale, Maine

David Ricker

Elite This and That

Post by David Ricker » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:00 pm

<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"> Keith
I have sourced the washers at a distributor in Kitchener Ontario called SPAENAUR (800-265-8772) they may give you trouble about minimum order value, if they do ask them who handles their line in your area. Their P/N is 654-010. See my web site, rudder page for more details (http://www.dbis.ca/~ricker/Elite/HTML/E ... e_Site.htm). You might also find these via McMaster Carr or US Plastics or any fastener distributor in your area.
On the rest of your questions the only one I can try is the square aluminum tube, you should look up metal service centres or steel or aluminum in your yellow pages, this should turn up metal stocking warehouses in your area. Do you have a "Metal Supermarket" in your area? They are happy to sell small cut lengths of things.
Dave R.
Elite 583
Keith Oliver wrote:
Have several items for the list today1. Awhile back, plastic / nylon washers were mentioned for use in the hinge areas. Any sources ????2. Does anyone have a source for shims to align landing gear ?3. I need a source for the square tube that is used for the door frames, looking for 2, 16 inch pieces4. I am concerned about the exposed rudder cables, getting jammed by items in cargo area. any ideas ??? wonder about push-pull cables such as are used for boats. They look pretty rugged and well made. How much travel would I need . 5. Is there a source for the cable guides as provided by Murphy ( RG-1) in the US ?6. I am getting ready to return my prop and spinner back to Warp Drive. We have talked and they are happy to take the items back as per their Guarantee. I thought that maybe someone on the list might want them 1st. All new and still in boxes. complete with 2 set of blades (regular and tapered) ordered for an 0-320 nickel edges, protractor Everything !! Spinner is a UHS 14" They were bought at Sun N Fun 2 years ago. I think I have about $1250 US into them. ???????. If no interest I will ship back to WARP for a full refund. All or nothingNot going to Sun N Fun this year. I have gone for the last 8 straight I am not a happy camper !!! So much to do and so little time Keith OliverElite #654 TDN654ME (reserved)Farmingdale, Maine
--
David A. Ricker P. Eng.
DARTEC Engineering Inc.
3 Tamarac Drive
Fall River, Nova Scotia
Canada, B2T 1E8
ricker@dbis.ns.ca
Ph. 902-860-0256

-----------------------------------------------------------------
List archives located at: https://mail.dcsol.com/login
username "rebel" password "builder"
Unsubscribe: rebel-builders-unsubscribe@dcsol.com
List administrator: mike.davis@dcsol.com

kboliver

Elite This and That

Post by kboliver » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:00 pm

Thanks for the reply

That is my problem I am in the middle of nowhere

I cannot find anything within a 3 hour drive so I must mail order.
I have checked my usuaul sorces for the tubing and can't find 5/8 inch

List archives located at: https://mail.dcsol.com/login
username "rebel" password "builder"
Unsubscribe: rebel-builders-unsubscribe@dcsol.com
List administrator: mike.davis@dcsol.com

Wayne G. O'Shea

Elite This and That

Post by Wayne G. O'Shea » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:00 pm

Keith, 5/8" x .035 wall tube is impossible to find, unless you want the mfg to run you off 2000' at a time. I'm sure there is probably something else you need from MAM (like the cable guides that aren't available anywhere else that I know of!), just order the tube you need from MAM! It may take a month to get out the door, but I doubt you'll find it anywhere else.

We have looked for another source before, for building door frames for a Christavia, and came up empty handed. For some reason just not a commonly used size.

Shims for landing gear, MAM supplied (or should have) two different pitched shims with the kit. Doesn't seem like enough though does it if you need to do both wheels! Anyone with a mill can face mill from a piece of your .125 raw stock for you, if you have anyone close enough to you with a mill that is.

Your cables will be fine. Takes allot to snag a cable and I've had some pretty interesting loads in the back of my Rebel. If anyone remembers our arrival/departure from Osh '95 we had it stacked to the torque tube, with a Ford Aerostar cargo net over everything!

S n F "not a happy camper"? Not happy with S n F or the fact that Murphy will not have a booth there?

Regards,
Wayne G. O'Shea
www.irishfield.on.ca
----- Original Message -----
To: murphy-rebel@dcsol.com (murphy-rebel@dcsol.com)
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 9:08 PM
Subject: Elite This and That

Have several items for the list today

1. Awhile back, plastic / nylon washers were mentioned for use in the hinge areas. Any sources ????

2. Does anyone have a source for shims to align landing gear ?

3. I need a source for the square tube that is used for the door frames, looking for 2, 16 inch pieces

4. I am concerned about the exposed rudder cables, getting jammed by items in cargo area. any ideas ??? wonder about push-pull cables
such as are used for boats. They look pretty rugged and well made. How much travel would I need
5. Is there a source for the cable guides as provided by Murphy ( RG-1) in the US ?

6. I am getting ready to return my prop and spinner back to Warp Drive. We have talked and they are happy to take the items back as per their Guarantee.
I thought that maybe someone on the list might want them 1st. All new and still in boxes. complete with 2 set of blades (regular and tapered) ordered for an
0-320 nickel edges, protractor Everything !!
Spinner is a UHS 14"
They were bought at Sun N Fun 2 years ago. I think I have about $1250 US into them. ???????. If no interest I will ship back to WARP for a full refund. All or nothing

Not going to Sun N Fun this year. I have gone for the last 8 straight I am not a happy camper !!!

So much to do and so little time

Keith Oliver
Elite #654 TD
N654ME (reserved)
Farmingdale, Maine

kboliver

Elite This and That

Post by kboliver » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:00 pm

Thanks
I had a feeling that would be the case.
It just takes so long to get things from Murphy plus now it take even longer
to get thru customs. I presently have a package from Canada in customs now