Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

Fuse 5 Question

Converted from Wildcat! database. (read only)
Richard E. Swan

Fuse 5 Question

Post by Richard E. Swan » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:36 pm

Rebel builders/flyers:

I'm slowly rebuilding an older Rebel project (have removed all belly skins below the cabin because of corrosion), and I have a couple of questions on the forward Fuse #5 item.

From the plans it appears that one isn't supposed to drill holes in the forward Fuse #5, as the holes are to be drilled/enlarged in the rear tube to allow socket fitting to the bolt head from the rear. A bolt that is oriented with the nut forward seem counter to recommended building practices, but I'm assuming Murphy had a good reason for not wanting enlarged holes in the forward tube. However, I've notice a few builders online who appear to have done the opposite of the directions in my copy of the plans and drilled the front tube for bolt head access. Is there perhaps an update that I'm missing?

Obviously I'd like to not have to drill out the several rivets on top of the forward tube (fastening the forward cabin floor down), plus not have to replace the forward tube.

If I do need to drill out the rivets and replace the forward Fuse #5, is this tube 6061 or 6063?

thanks for any help!

Richard
Conway, Arkansas

-----------------------------------------------------------------
List archives located at: https://mail.dcsol.com/login
username "rebel" password "builder"
Unsubscribe: rebel-builders-unsubscribe@dcsol.com
List administrator: mike.davis@dcsol.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------