Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

Landing speed and Thank you to Si Smith

Converted from Wildcat! database. (read only)
Keith Leitch

Landing speed and Thank you to Si Smith

Post by Keith Leitch » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:33 pm

First of...a big thank you to Si Smith for giving me a ride in his very nice looking Rebel. We recently attended the Fall Colors Tour in Northern MN and he arranged for me to hop aboard his Rebel for a short blast. And Blast is exactly what it was. This was my first time in a Rebel and I was very impressed. He let me take the stick for a bit and I was very impressd with the light feel of the stick. I flew my O-235 powered 7AC in the tour and compared to it the Rebel feels like a sports car as far as the stick goes. I did notice though that the rudders were MUCH harder than on my Champ. Is this typical? I am not saying it was bad....just seems like the stick and the rudder pedals are at very opposite extremes of force needed to move them. I really liked the climb also. Seemed to climb like a rocket compared to my 127 and Champ.
Now to my main question....What speeds are most of you landing at? Maybe I am just used to the Champ but we seemed to land a lot faster in the Rebel than I normally land in my "Super Champ".
I was very pleased with Si's Rebel....Very nice looking and performing plane.
Again Si, thank you for the ride and experience. Sorry I didn't say goodbye before I left but I was not feeling well all day and needed to go home.