Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

Marcotte group buy

Converted from Wildcat! database. (read only)
Peter Cowan/Lexi Cameron

Marcotte group buy

Post by Peter Cowan/Lexi Cameron » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:21 pm

We have four (of the minimum five) people interested in ordering the 300 drive (2.4 ratio). After another conversation with Marcotte in which I passed on to him the concern about the unit being short: 10.5 inches, he stated that he also has longer units.
For the rotary engine he has a case that gives 18.5 inches from engine to prop flange (This was designed for someone's pusher installation but also works in tracter). These longer cases do add about 8 lbs to the 47 lb weight (so I suspect it is this case that has folks thinking that the marcotte is 10+ lbs heavier).
He has a longer case for Subaru he designed for Rebel installations that gives a length of 16.5 inches.
He says he has some of this in stock.

For anything not in stock he wants 50% payment with the order.
He is flexible in mixing bell housings and lengths in the same order for different engines.

Here is a suggestion for making a deal. We sort out who wants what: length, prop hub design, engine bell housing and make up our list. Marcotte tells us what he can deliver immediately. We ante up drafts payable to Marcotte for the immediate ship items and one of us (I am willing if there is no one else closer) carries the drafts to him and picks up the drives. Based on this big order, we negotiate something less than 50% on the items he has to manufacture (or we set up an escroe holder).
Whoever picks up the drives has to deal with shipping to their purchasers.

So,anyone else interested and willing to firm up an order?
Peter.