Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

SR3500 upgrade

Converted from Wildcat! database. (read only)
bear

SR3500 upgrade

Post by bear » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:48 pm

Also received my 3500 upgrade.
Found 2 things not right , First the rivet drawing
for the skin doubler is not readable and secong I
believe I need 5/32 tank rivets for the rear spar
doubler instead of the rivets I received. Other
than that I have almost completed the rear spar
mods and the front spar mods for one wing.
Gerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------
List archives located at: https://mail.dcsol.com/login
username "rebel" password "builder"
Unsubscribe: rebel-builders-unsubscribe@dcsol.com
List administrator: mike.davis@dcsol.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Al & Deb Paxhia

SR3500 Upgrade

Post by Al & Deb Paxhia » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:17 pm

This week I tried to reinstall the sill after modifying the landing gear box. It turns out that the new steel flange plates that bolt to carry through 2 and 3 have moved out causing the sill not to wrap around to match the old holes. The holes at the top of the sill are 1/8" from the holes in the side skin, this is only at carry through 2 & 3. Has this happened to anyone else? The steel flange plates have pre-punched holes that match the carry through. I'm thinking that since the old tabs on the carry through could bend each builder could have slight variations when wrapping the sill. If the steel flanges were not punched at the factory they could be installed to the sill and backed drilled insuring a fit. This is what I'm thinking for the other side. Does anyone see a problem with doing this? Does anyone see another solution? Replacing the installed steel plates at this time is not an option that I want to consider. There are 12 or 13 bolts in the plates, drilled and reamed. I don't think those holes can be redrilled and not go up one more size also the landing gear support and strut attach parts may not go oversize either. The belly wrap will cover the missed matched holes and adding a doubler behind the door post skin will fix part of the problem. The last part of the solution is replacing the corner wrap from carry through 2 to the firewall since that does not align either.
Al
SR#026