Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

It flies.........

Converted from Wildcat! database. (read only)
Mike Betti

It flies.........

Post by Mike Betti » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:52 am

Well everyone, N771ME Elite flew today for the maiden voyage. This was the first opportunity with out wind to make a flight. The rest of the week looks bad, but have some adjustments to make in the mean time. All went well. Outside temp at 35 F.

Climb out was around 2450, oil temp made 155, EGT 1400, CHT
highest seen was 375. Air speed indicator looks good.
I notice at full throttle the engine has some vibration, but at 2400 it is smooth as glass. I think it is a rotation problem up front related to balance and not an engine running condition.

2 problems, it flies out of trim right wing heavy. Almost looks like the left aileron is drooped slightly when the other side is neutral, at least it looks that way in flight, but it looks that way on the ground too, not sure if that adjustment will correct this or not. Maybe droop a flap?

Second problem is flap lever won't hold detent. It looks like the detent bolt isn't going to the bottom of the notch far enough. Going to have to change something and try again.

Also planning on cutting the oil filter to make sure all is well before going up again too.

Thanks for all the support this group gave me for 2 years. Hope I can help someone else in the future.

Mike Betti

-----------------------------------------------------------------
List archives located at: https://mail.dcsol.com/login
username "rebel" password "builder"
Unsubscribe: rebel-builders-unsubscribe@dcsol.com
List administrator: mike.davis@dcsol.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------