Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

FUS 31 Service Bulletin

Converted from Wildcat! database. (read only)
Wayne G. O'Shea

FUS 31 Service Bulletin

Post by Wayne G. O'Shea » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:56 pm

Just to repeat what I have written numerous times before, make sure you actually perform service bulletin 080520Reb. Much easier now, than after you have the aircraft built and flying. I popped the fairings off Serial #086R yesterday and found what I expected! 3 dearly departed rivets and a cracked Fus-31 bulkhead! This aircraft has the newer one piece tail spring attach bulkhead (suprising for the serial number vintage) and is a FACTORY built aircraft!

Considering the number of Rebels I see (and I inspect them all pretty good when I do), or work on each year and this is the only real "fault" of the aircraft structure giving in to wear/underdesign, It really is a GREAT little airplane. Get it built and get flying everyone to find out just how great, but don't forget the tail Mods!

Blue skies,
Wayne G. O'Shea
www.irishfield.on.ca

C&P Kucera

FUS 31 Service Bulletin

Post by C&P Kucera » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:56 pm

Wayne, thanks for these wake up calls. They are invaluable and I have saved every one. MAM should add you to their payroll!!!!

Paul Kucera

Builder 453R

----- Original Message -----
To: Builders List (murphy-rebel@dcsol.com)
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2000 10:01 PM
Subject: FUS 31 Service Bulletin

Just to repeat what I have written numerous times before, make sure you actually perform service bulletin 080520Reb. Much easier now, than after you have the aircraft built and flying. I popped the fairings off Serial #086R yesterday and found what I expected! 3 dearly departed rivets and a cracked Fus-31 bulkhead! This aircraft has the newer one piece tail spring attach bulkhead (suprising for the serial number vintage) and is a FACTORY built aircraft!

Considering the number of Rebels I see (and I inspect them all pretty good when I do), or work on each year and this is the only real "fault" of the aircraft structure giving in to wear/underdesign, It really is a GREAT little airplane. Get it built and get flying everyone to find out just how great, but don't forget the tail Mods!

Blue skies,
Wayne G. O'Shea
www.irishfield.on.ca