Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

Wing tips, Rebel,Elite & Moose

Converted from Wildcat! database. (read only)
Dave Fife

Wing tips, Rebel,Elite & Moose

Post by Dave Fife » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:30 pm

To all builders,

I am still around. I have been detained with family matters for the past 2 months that took all of my time. With the passing of my Father in Law and the care of my mother in law I have had no time for anything. I do apologize to all of you. To those that have orders with me, I am sorry for the delays. We all will go through this eventually.

It is now freezing cold in mid Michigan, USA. The Canadians have sent a cold front that has froze everything. Winter has begun early.

I am now back into the shop, am still putting heat in and expect to get down to making parts. Please be patient, I am not going anywhere and the new shop will be more productive eventually.

Now on to the size of wing tips. Those that have the Moose and Elite, I am still in the process of completing the molds. I will not make tips the size of MAM's. I cannot supply a part that changes the length of the wing that much. I am not sure of the exact size, have no test results and will not ask MAM for those. My tips will be Hoerner style and will extend past the aileron about 6 inches. I believe the standard tip is about 2 inches past the aileron.
I do not know what the results will be as I have not had them tested. I will report those when they happen.

Bob P stated it correctly that I was informed by Darryl to make the Rebel parts as close to the factory size and it would not cause any problems. There is the arm/moment and leverage concern. I am not an engineer and do not claim to be. I will not speculate any further than that. With all the e-mails lately their is lots of talk.

I think you all know that the wing on all 3 planes are the same in cord and thickness, just longer and different aileron positions.

Finally, please do not send any deposits at this time. I do not want to take your funds and not be able to supply the parts timely. I am still in a back log as it is. It will get better.

Should anyone have photos of the Moose or Elite wing with or without tips please sent those to me. I need to verify the exact differences in the Rebel and the Moose/Elite wing. If you have a Moose or Elite with any tips on them I would also be interested in those too.

Please respond directly to my e-mail on the photos, and do not post them on the rebel-builder page.

Again, a special thanks to a lot of people and their support in my products.

Let the talk continue, I love to read the e-mail.

David K. Fife
3D Composite Aircraft Parts Inc.
428 N. Linwood Beach Rd
Linwood, MI. 48634
989-697-3277
Long EZ in progress.
www.stormpages.com/3dcomposite/wingtip.html

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Shopping
Find Great Deals on Holiday Gifts at Yahoo! Shopping

-----------------------------------------------------------------
List archives located at: https://mail.dcsol.com/login